.............................

.............................

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Living in the Past

I want to live in the past. Where there is no such word as computers, hand phones, coloured TV and others. I want to see what "outdoors" really means. I want to be free to do anything I want. I want to run around the streets without my parents.

My father always tell me the stories about his kampung days. I want to live like that. In a kampung. With many people you know. Running around the streets without parents and passing cars also.. without danger. I dont want to know what "disease" means. I want to run and play "hide and seek" in the paddy fields.

I want to buy sweets which are 5 sen for a few. I want to buy a bowl of mee soup for 10 sen. I want lots of brothers and sisters I could play with. I want to live in the past and in a kampung. I dont want to rush, I want to take time. I dont want tuition! I dont want to hear the word tuition.

I want no pollution. Super clean fresh air is what I want to breathe in. I dont want to see any passing cars. I want to climb a tree. Eat a fruit directly off a tree. Going around for adventures. Making as much noise as I want without anyone looking at you. I want to run barefooted.

I dont want any strangers. I want the whole village as my neighbours. Even now, neighbours cant be trusted. I want to cycle or walk all the way to the town to buy something. I want to run around crazily and happily. I want to eat as what my mum call it "Ice Ball" I dont even care what "dirt" means.

I want lots of trees. So I could see and feel it. I dont want madly hot weather. I want to climb a tree. To see what is on the top. I want to see the scenery on a tree. I want to hang on the tree branch like a monkey.

I want to keep chickens and other animals. I want to see a new laid egg. I want to see a yellow chick for the first time. I want to catch a chicken with my own hands. I want to farm my own vegetables. I want to see farm animals for the first time. I want to touch them and feed them.

But all of that, I cant do. Wait, I mean we cant do anymore. Technology and economy is changing. I dont want change. I hate change. I want to be stuck in the past. But in reality, Im here. In the present. Moving on like everyone did. But I dont want to. I love the past. I dont care about the future. I want to go back to basics.

But it just isnt possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment