
"Carved out by hand, forged with steel, this is true art that people should cherish even when technology has outrun antiques."
Hello everybody! Today I would like to post about my real life obsession which is antiques. My dad is an antique collector but his taste and my taste are a little different. He likes chinese antiques and I like just about anything that I find nice.
I feel that people should recognize the beauty of antiques and cherish it. If it weren't for some items, we wouldn't have what we have today. Even if it is now a rusty old piece of steel, I find it a billion dollars.
Some people say, that computers are more of a thing of beauty, I however, do not. Computers are complicated not beautiful. Imagine long time ago when people carved metal out of their own hands and not by using machines. People took pride in their work, and it doesn't take one month to finish it, heck, it takes years. Imagine what a human being can do, build beautiful items and now, we are spoiled by machines that do the work for us. Yes, we take pride in the machines but the items will be just items.
I love antiques, I do. Technology is on going and I cannot change that. I do not hate technology, I just hate it how people are spoiled. Technology is spoiling us, everyday, every second. Even now, when I'm blogging. We use escalators instead of stairs, we use email instead of letters, we use printers instead of hand, we are destroying the world, a little by little. It could be the environment, it could be us. However, I'm not saying we do not benefit. We do, but we forget what we left behind.
I, a lover of antiques, implore you to appreciate what antiques have given us. Know it, cherish it and accept it. Do not ignore it, if you do, you ignore the past, present and future. You ignore or those men and women who threw out their blood, sweat and tears to make a thing of beauty.
Okay, okay. Enough. So, I would like to share with out, what I want to have. They are so beautiful, I swear I am having sparkles in my eyes~
I love antiques, I do. Technology is on going and I cannot change that. I do not hate technology, I just hate it how people are spoiled. Technology is spoiling us, everyday, every second. Even now, when I'm blogging. We use escalators instead of stairs, we use email instead of letters, we use printers instead of hand, we are destroying the world, a little by little. It could be the environment, it could be us. However, I'm not saying we do not benefit. We do, but we forget what we left behind.
I, a lover of antiques, implore you to appreciate what antiques have given us. Know it, cherish it and accept it. Do not ignore it, if you do, you ignore the past, present and future. You ignore or those men and women who threw out their blood, sweat and tears to make a thing of beauty.
Okay, okay. Enough. So, I would like to share with out, what I want to have. They are so beautiful, I swear I am having sparkles in my eyes~

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

I prefer antique guns more than the guns now.

Oh my gosh, freaking rifles!

Phonograph, people. Wiki it!
It's a compass and a sundial. Look at it, it's so pretty!

A miniature suit of armor, I don't mind a full suit of armor.

I know what you are thinking, it looks nice, okay?

A miniature cannon, so freaking cool. If it shoots, heck, I will buy it.

An antique radio. Much better than the lame radios now.

The last but not least a typewriter. Yes, this is the olden day computer, kind of.
So, I hope you all will accept and appreciate antiques. Plus, they look damn good. I mean seriously, they do. Alright, that will be all. Thanks for viewing.
So, I hope you all will accept and appreciate antiques. Plus, they look damn good. I mean seriously, they do. Alright, that will be all. Thanks for viewing.

No comments:
Post a Comment